Join us for a panel discussion and town hall-style meeting focusing on how substance use and mental health issues impact individuals and their families. We are bringing communities together to create a new vision and approach to help those who confront those issues every day.
Meeting Goals and Agenda
- Opportunity to network, gather resources and information
- Discussion of “school to prison pipeline”
- Exploration of what reality-based education will look like in school and clinical settings
- Offer empowering approaches for more effective parenting of substance using children
- Information about harm reduction psychotherapy and alternatives to abstinence-only approaches
- Discussion of supervised injection facilities and overdose prevention initiatives
- Needs assessment and process for thinking together about next steps
- Q & A, participants will be able to submit questions ahead of time for discussion
Andrew Tatarsky, PhD
Carol Katz Beyer
Barry Lessin, M.Ed.
Major Neill Franklin (Ret.)
Jerry Otero, MA